Douglas Terms and Conditions
Sleep Trial, Return, and Refund Policies
Made from premium materials and built by skilled Canadian craftspeople, your Douglas mattress is designed to last longer, perform better, and feel more comfortable than any other mattress on the market.
- Customers are able to try their mattress for 120 nights before deciding to keep it.
- Customers choosing to return their mattress must initiate their return between the 30th and 120th nights after the date of delivery.
- Douglas will not accept returns after the 120-Night Trial has expired.
Order Cancellations and General Returns
- You will need to contact us prior to initiating returns and receiving refunds.
- The 120-Night Trial begins on the date the order is delivered.
- Customers are entitled to return their Douglas mattress, in good condition, after their 30th night, and before their 121st night. Douglas will cover all shipping costs and issue a full refund within two business days of pickup confirmation.
- Each household, as defined by name, address, payment method, or other identifying information, is entitled to one 120-Night Trial. If multiple mattresses are purchased on one transaction, then each mattress within that transaction has an independent trial.
- Returning customers will be granted an additional 120-Night Trial on a new Douglas mattress purchase provided they have completed their original 120-Night Trial without initiating a return. Douglas reserves the right to deny a 120-Night Trial to a customer where a mattress from a prior transaction has been returned.
- Mattresses returned under the 120-Night Trial must be in good condition. Douglas will not accept a return if: the products are found to have been tampered with or misused by the purchaser beyond reasonable wear; have been physically damaged intentionally or unintentionally by, but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, water, stains, or bodily fluids; are otherwise abnormally soiled or unsanitary.
- Though using a mattress pad or protector during your 120-Night Trial is not required, we do recommend it as it will help prevent damage to your Douglas mattress.
Returning your mattress
- Once we receive your return request, we will help you gather the necessary information (including images of your mattress) and provide you with instructions about how to prepare your products for return. You will need the original plastic wrap (or any other protective covering) to prepare it for pick-up.
- While in most cases we strive to have your mattress picked up within two business days after the required information has been received, it can sometimes take up to ten business days. Additional pickup charges may apply if the mattress has been moved from the original shipping destination, or if the original shipping destination is in a remote location. Please contact us for more information.
- On pickup day, the mattress must be ready on the ground floor of your house or apartment/condo building.
General Return Policy
- Douglas mattresses can be returned for a full refund within 14 days of receipt, as long as they are in their original, unopened packaging, and Douglas has organized the return transportation.
- If you have ordered an incorrect size, Douglas will offer a courtesy exchange IF YOUR PRODUCT IS UNOPENED, for just the cost of delivery.
- Douglas will not reimburse third-party shipping expenses organized by the customer.
- Douglas processes orders for shipping within 4-6 hours of the purchase during weekdays, and on the first business day after a weekend. To cancel your order, contact us within 4-6 hours to have the best chance of stopping your order before it ships. We strive to ship orders as quickly as possible, but cannot guarantee order cancellation before shipment.
- If you change your mind while your order is in transit, contact us, refuse delivery, and request that the item be “returned to sender”.
- Refunds will be issued as described in the General Return Policy.
- Refunds are issued within two business days after the returning product has been received. Refunds are applied to the credit card or PayPal account used for the original purchase. Refunds can take up to 14 business days to be reflected on your financial records.