Douglas Warranty Information
Mattress Warranty Details
Douglas warrants each mattress against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 15 years. If, during the warranty period, your mattress is found defective due to faulty workmanship or materials it will be repaired or replaced subject to the details below.
- The warranty period for your Douglas mattress begins on the date of delivery and ends 15 years later.
- Your Douglas mattress must be unpacked and expanded no more than two weeks after the date of delivery.
- If, despite normal usage and proper handling, your Douglas mattress forms permanent indentations of more than 1 inch in the first 10 years or 2″ in the final 5 years of the warranty period, it will be replaced, at your option, according to the terms below.
- Your Douglas mattress cover will be repaired or replaced if there is damage to the fabric or zipper due to faulty workmanship or imperfections.
- Your Douglas mattress must be used on a suitable base as specified in this warranty.
- Douglas will require that you take certain photos and measurements of your Douglas mattress to process a warranty claim.
15 Year Full Replacement Warranty
If your Douglas mattress has a defect covered under this warranty we will replace or repair it subject to the conditions of this warranty. Your Douglas mattress will be repaired or replaced at no additional cost within the first ten years of usage, and at a cost of 75% of the original purchase price between the eleventh and fifteenth year.
This warranty is valid only to the original purchaser of the product as indicated on the original sales receipt. The law tag must not be removed from original product as this identifies the product for the purpose of the warranties contained herein. This warranty is only valid if you unpacked and expanded your Douglas mattress within the two weeks following the original date of delivery.
Douglas mattresses must not be used on floors susceptible to moisture build-up such as concrete, below-grade (basement), or on floors in humid environments. Such inappropriate use can result in mold growth on the bottom of the mattress and void your warranty. Douglas mattresses are designed for use on firm surfaces, non-spring foundations or adjustable bed bases that are structurally capable of supporting the weight of purchaser’s mattress, foundation, and user(s). The purchaser must use their Douglas mattress on a foundation that allows air to circulate beneath it. It is the purchaser’s responsibility to maintain an adequate foundation and provide appropriate support for the mattress. Substitution or use of an improper foundation or other base upon which the mattress is placed may result in damage to the product thereby voiding this warranty. Purchasers using a bed frame must ensure it provides sturdy support for both the mattress and foundation; including a center support and having at least 5-6 legs for queen, king, and California king, and 4 leg support for twin and full mattresses. Purchasers using their mattress directly on a slatted bed system must ensure that the slats are a minimum of 2 inches in width, and have gaps between them of no more than 3 inches. Queen, king, and California king platform beds and slat system bed frames used in conjunction with your Douglas mattress require at least one center support beam. Platform beds and adjustable bases made of wired metal are not acceptable for use with Douglas mattresses.
This warranty covers the following items during normal wear:
- Permanent indentations
- Deterioration causing the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than 1 inch in the first 10 years or 2 inches in the final 5 years of the warranty period that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base.
- Physical flaws
- Any physical flaw in the mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, despite normal usage, and proper handling.
- Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly or fabrics of the mattress cover.
This warranty does not cover:
- Improper usage (voids the warranty):
- Damage from use with an inadequate foundation and/or frame.
- Mold or mildew caused from use of the mattress on non breathable surface.
- Mattress damage due to abuse, misuse or unsanitary treatment beyond reasonable use including, but not limited to, burns, cuts, tears, stains, bodily fluids, or spills.
- Non-compliance of washing instructions and handling for the cover resulting in damage to the cover or zipper.
- Normal increase of softness which can occur during regular use.
- Body indentations less than 1 inch in the first 10 years or 2 inches in the final 5 years of the warranty period.
- Complications resulting from use or inability to use product.
- Individual comfort preferences.
- Height of bed due to purchaser’s bed frame or headboard.
- Sheet fit.
- Replacement of an accompanying Douglas product where only one piece is defective, unless that accompanying piece is also defective.
We do not warrant our product as a remedy for aches, pains or other health issues.
Supporting Documentation Required To Process Warranty
- Measuring Indentations: Douglas will require that the purchaser provide photos demonstrating the indentation by laying the product directly on a flat floor, and measuring the vertical distance from a flat and level string pulled tightly across the product and lightly contacting the product on opposite sides, to the lowest point of the indentation using a clearly demarcated measuring device.
- Physical flaws: Douglas will require several photos of any physical flaws that are the origin of a warranty claim. Photos will vary depending on the physical flaw being reported.
Repairs and Replacements
In the event a warranty claim is filed and a warranty replacement is deemed necessary, purchaser will be required to surrender the original product to Douglas at the time of replacement.
Douglas may, at its own option, repair or replace the cover provided on the mattress. In the event that Douglas replaces the mattress cover, Douglas will replace it with the current style of cover available for the mattress, which may be of a different color or material than the original cover provided.
The warranties contained herein include the costs of shipping and handling, which are to be borne by Douglas. Additional shipping charges may apply if the mattress has been moved from the original shipping destination, or if the original shipping destination is in a remote location.
Should this warranty be exercised and your product replaced and/or repaired, the warranty for the replacement product will be extended for the duration of the original Douglas warranty only.
Our representatives or designated agents shall make the final determination regarding repair or replacement.
Terms and services related in this warranty shall be the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy should the product fail during the time frame stated herein. We make no warrant beyond those terms and conditions stated. PLEASE RETAIN THIS WARRANTY AND YOUR ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR AT LEAST FIFTEEN (15) YEARS FROM YOUR DATE OF PURCHASE.
Mattress Foundation Warranty Details
1-Year Limited Warranty with Lifetime Free Replacement Parts
The Douglas Foundation is covered by a one (1) year Limited Warranty. For one (1) year after purchase, if your foundation is found to be defective due to faulty workmanship or materials we will offer either a one-time replacement of, or repair to, the foundation, at our expense. Furthermore, will provide lifetime free replacement parts when necessary, subject to the limitations described herein.
This Warranty, including lifetime provision of replacement parts, DOES cover:
- Defects due to faulty workmanship or materials.
This Warranty, including lifetime provision of replacement parts, DOES NOT cover:
- Damage to the Foundation and/or cover resulting from the use of an improper bed frame, and/or the use of the Foundation on the floor, and/or the use of the Foundation in an unsuitable manner, and/or the incorrect assembly of the Foundation and/or cover;
- Intentional, accidental, or negligent physical abuse that causes damage to the Foundation and/or cover;
- Damage to the Foundation and/or cover caused by burns, cuts, liquid damage, stains, bodily fluids, abnormal use, unsanitary use, or soiling;
- Damage to the Foundation and/or cover incurred by transportation after initial delivery;
- Accidental loss of parts following the disassembly of the foundation;
- A foundation and/or cover that is sold by an unauthorized retailer, or a product that is in any way sold as “used” or with any other similar wording indicating the product is not “new.”
The Douglas Foundation 1-Year Limited Warranty with Lifetime Free Replacement Parts covers the original purchaser of any Douglas Foundation who is located in Canada. Any warranty, or implied warranty, is only valid for the period of time the Foundation is owned by the original purchaser. The original purchaser, for the purposes of this warranty, will be the individual whose details are associated with the online purchase. Please retain a copy of the receipt sent to the email address on record.
All labels on the Douglas Foundation must not be removed from the original product as these labels identify the product for the purpose of the warranties contained herein.
During the One (1) year duration of the 1-Year Limited Warranty with Lifetime Free Replacement Parts, Douglas will, at its option, repair or replace the product, or ship replacement parts. In the event of a repair or replacement, Douglas will cover the costs of shipping and handling, however additional shipping charges may apply if the foundation has been moved from the original shipping destination, or if the original shipping destination is in a remote location. Shipping costs of replacement parts are to be paid for by the original purchaser. Any third-party shipping expenses will not be reimbursed to the customer.
In the event that a warranty claim is filed and a warranty replacement is deemed necessary, the customer will be required to surrender the original product to Douglas at the time of replacement.
The terms of this warranty shall be the customer’s sole and exclusive remedy should the product fail during the time frame stated herein. We make no warrant beyond those terms and conditions stated.
PLEASE RETAIN THIS WARRANTY AND YOUR ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FOR AS LONG AS YOU ARE USING THIS PRODUCT.
Pillow Warranty Details
Douglas 3-Year Pillow Warranty
The Douglas Pillow is covered by a three (3) year Limited Warranty. For three (3) years after purchase, if your pillow is defective due to faulty workmanship or materials, we will offer a one-time replacement or repair the product, subject to the limitations described herein.
This warranty covers:
- Any physical flaw in the pillow despite normal usage and proper handling.
- Any defect or flaw in the zipper assembly of the pillow cover. Douglas may decide to repair or replace the cover provided on the pillow.
This warranty DOES NOT cover:
- A normal increase in the softness of the pillow.
- Comfort preference.
- Pillow height.
- Any stains, burns, tears, cuts, or liquid damage resulting from use by customer.
- Damage incurred by transportation after initial delivery.
- Product that is sold by an unauthorized retailer or product that is any way sold as “used” or any other similar wording indicating the product is not “new”.
- Loss of foam as removed by customer.
The Douglas Pillow warranty covers the original purchaser of any Douglas Pillow who is located in Canada. Any warranty, or implied warranty, is only valid for the period of time the Pillow is owned by the original purchaser of the Pillow. The original purchaser, for the purposes of this warranty, will be the individual whose details are associated with the online purchase. Please retain a copy of the receipt which was sent to the email address on record.
Photos and original proof of purchase may be required upon a warranty request in order to identify and assess the warranty issue.
During the three (3) years of this warranty, Douglas will at its option, repair or replace the product, and pay all return shipping costs. Any third party shipping expenses will not be reimbursed to the customer. Should such replacement take place, this warranty will cover that replaced product within the original three (3) year period only.